The Associate Financial Planner will have the opportunity of advancing to junior partner.
They will support Vida's current and potential clients by providing financial life planning expertise, the highest level of service, operations detail management, and behavioral change support. The Associate Financial Planner will help the firm grow by increasing efficiency, capacity, and feeling of ease for the whole team, as well as our busy clients.
Salary & bonus:
Based on experience and performance.
fully-paid platinum-level health insurance, generous paid time off, retirement plan with 3% match, continuing education allowance, quarterly performance bonus, the opportunity for long-term career growth and company ownership. If an employment offer is extended, the candidate must agree to a background check, fingerprinting, and sign a confidentiality agreement.
Founder & Managing Director.
Responsibilities and Duties & approximate % of a typical week:
- Participating in client meetings and calls alongside the lead advisor;
- Preparing and following up for client meetings;
- Completing various client service tasks such as creating financial plans, opening and maintaining accounts, answering questions, coordinating with outside advisors;
- Replying to emails and scheduling per Annual Client Service Calendar;
- Participating in internal staff meetings and collaboration, including bi-weekly social justice readings and discussions;
- Preparing for prospective client meetings and completing resulting service items. The Associate Advisor will be evaluated based on client satisfaction, promptness, and accuracy in executing client service tasks, and improvements to the efficiency of client service work via regular enhancements to processes and workflows;
- Additionally, the Associate Advisor will be expected to hone their networking and interpersonal skills by regularly engaging in compensated pro-bono work or volunteer activities.
Qualifications: Education & experience:
- 4-year degree or higher;
- Degree in financial planning or a closely related field is preferred;
- Past internships or job experience in financial planning and/or financial services is a plus;
- Current or pending CFP designation preferred (Vida will sponsor Associate Planner for the CFP exam);
- Willingness to obtain necessary securities licenses.
- Ability to create financial plans in MoneyGuidePro or equivalent software program;
- Strong understanding of all aspects of personal financial planning, with a particular geekiness about financial life planning;
- Strong understanding of the mechanics of investment management;
- Excellent verbal and written communication;
- Strong interpersonal skills and interest in supporting clients;
- Interest in business development;
- You will be required to complete a financial planning skills test before starting in this position.
- Strong internal moral compass and commitment to ethical behavior;
- Proactive and creative problem-solving abilities;
- Passion for working and learning independently;
- Long-term ambition to work and be a leader in the financial services field;
- Natural geekiness about financial life planning & investments (You are endlessly fascinated by at least one of the CFP subjects!);
- Quick-start and energetic;
- Ability to balance micro-tasks with macro-projects and goals;
- Interest in leadership, a strong drive for personal growth and development;
- Believer in Vida’s core values.
- Ability to sit for one to two hours at a time;
- Ability to work on a computer most of the day.
We believe that personal relationships are our greatest wealth. We acknowledge and honor the fundamental value and dignity of all individuals. We commit ourselves to create and maintain an environment that respects diverse traditions, heritages, and experiences.
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. The application process will be ongoing until the position is filled.